How To Use Keurig Coffee Maker. The Keurig is a type of single-brew coffee maker that works with specially designed coffee pods called “K-Cups.”
With a little preparation, these machines are quick and easy to use, but how exactly does one set up the machine?
Before thinking about making your first cup, be sure you’ve run a cleaning cycle and descaled your machine! To keep your Keurig in good working order, don’t forget to descale and clean it occasionally.
How To Use Keurig Coffee Maker
Open the top of your Keurig coffee maker and place a pack in the compartment. If you’d like, fill the reservoir with water so you’ll have enough for your cup. Close the lid, arrange your mug on the plate, select a cup size, and press brew! Enjoy one perfect cup of coffee from your K-Cup in less than a minute.
Using a Keurig coffee maker is discussed here.
1. First of all, let’s assume you’re a first-time user of the machine. Verify that there are no stamps in its ink pad, remove the adhesive tape from the machine, and plug its cord into a grounded (GFI) outlet.
2. The water reservoir should be removed. Usually, this is accomplished by gently lifting the reservoir up and away from the unit. Some models come with an attached spout that can be positioned into place while others require you to pour water straight into the reservoir.
3. Wash both sides of the reservoir under a faucet. Once the water is draining out of it, fill up the reservoir with clean water to the line marked on the side near where you removed it from your skin.
4. Put the water reservoir back in place. Push the lock tabs into place when it’s locked onto the reservoir. Put on its lid once you’re sure there aren’t any towels or paper left inside that may interfere with operation.
5. Before using the machine, you have to do a cleansing “brew” first. Just wait for the water to heat up then pour it into the container of your choosing, making sure that the cup is large enough to hold all of it. When all of the water has been dispensed, discard what’s left in your container.
6. Choose the coffee of your choice. K-Cups are available in a variety of flavors and blends, so pick your favorite. Just make sure you don’t take the foil lid off the cups because the water will not be able to pass through it. For this reason, the K-cup lids of the Keurig machines are perforated. Water will be forced through these holes.
7. Insert the K-Cup in the center of the unit. Close the lid and wait for a button or display to show “Ready to Brew”. Place the mug on top of the drip tray. Choose the size or strength of coffee you want. In the event that your mug overflows, the drip tray will catch the excess coffee.
8. Wait for your coffee to drip into your mug while you enjoy it.
Do you take the lid off K-cups?
The K-cup brewing machine will let out a loud burst of air to alert you when the brewing process is over. To prevent any damage to your health, make sure you do not lift the lid of the K-cup holder while the Keurig is whirring.
What do the buttons on the Keurig mean?
The more water there is, the fuller a cup becomes and the thinner the coffee. Smaller amounts of water will leave you with a shorter cup with a larger concentration of coffee inside. Some units have 3 size options but others offer 5.
How To Use Keurig Coffee Maker