Affective decoration: Give your home a boost with your memories
Tips for everyday life at home are always welcome. In times of tight budget, using creativity is the best way to decorate spending little. Free spaces and using the objects already leaning help to give up the décor.
An easy way to make the decoration of an environment more interesting is to bring the walls of your home to life with items that awaken affectionate memories. In addition to using colors, fabrics, and patterned wallpapers, it is possible to take advantage of the empty spaces to display items that speak a little about the history and tastes of those who live in the house. This is what is called effective decoration.
If you want to give your home that renovation and at the same time imprint your personality, we’ve separated in this post several easy ideas. Take the time indoors to dig for those forgotten items in the back of the closet. Check out!
The concept of home refers to the place where a person experiences a sense of belonging, warmth and love. In this aspect, the effective decoration fits in with the proposal to choose items full of memories and that connect with the resident’s style.
An example are the pieces of family identity: those that are inherited, such as clocks, mirrors and old frames; and those that take us back to light moments in family life, such as the children’s trophies, the first drawing, antique furniture, birthday cards, crockery, etc.
To get an idea of composition, do an exercise: separate all the objects you want to use in the decoration and place them on the floor, next to the wall that will be occupied. To fix them, it is necessary to evaluate the shape and material of each one.
How to make:
• You can use shelves or niches to create a vintage wall, for example, with old machines (photographs, typewriters, etc.);
• Hooks can display the family champion’s medal collection;
• A picture of your child can look interesting inside a beautiful frame.
Chances are you have some collection – vinyl records, travel souvenirs, plates, basketwork, and comic books and so on. Several articles are full of history that end up forgotten in some box.
How about enjoying them in a special corner or filling that wall of the room that was left empty? Follow these tips to add collectibles to your home decor without leaving a polluted or overdone look.
How to make:
• Group similar pieces so that they are displayed in an orderly and harmonious way, otherwise the aesthetics can be disastrous;
• Plan the place where you will place your collection, as some objects need special care. For example, if you want to place china plates on the wall, you must use appropriate supports so as not to damage them;
• To secure small items such as tickets, old coins and key chains, you can place them inside frames;
• If you have many collections, avoid putting them in the same environment; but if you have an exclusive room for that, leave the objects grouped together.
Throughout life, we record many moments that are updated in the frames. But, what to do with the photos that are kept? There are other options besides the traditional frames. If your idea is to give it a more laid-back feel, use clipboards to hang the photos. To give it a more playful effect, you can set up a different exhibition, creating a clothesline of memories.
How to make:
• With the string or rope in hand, measure the distance you want to make the clothesline; cut leaving a small margin;
• With a pencil, mark the wall where the nails will be placed;
• Fix the nails and tie the string or rope; you can choose whether you prefer the more extended or looser clothesline;
• Secure your photos with little pegs and you’re done!
Yes, many people have fond memories of plants. They can represent something meaningful, like a gift from someone dear. Using plants in decoration is a trend and a great example of how we can bring a little bit of nature into the home.
You can simply hang them in the corner of the wall, place them on shelves, stairs or create a vertical garden, which is nothing more than a group of plants attached to some surface. We’ve already talked here on the blog about how to create a vertical garden.